Friday 22 July 2011

When in Rome

In the afternoon of the second day of the Florence Livelooping Festival, Fabio Anile (who had to work on Monday morning and could not stay for the evening concerts), Michela and me drove down to Rome.

Fabio had invited me for a couple of days to make music together. We share a love for livelooping, ambient, and minimalist polyrhythmic music, and we had already played together on loopfestivals in Berlin and Cologne - here is what the final minutes in Cologne sounded like:





I stayed in Fabio's place for several days, and on each day when he came home from work in the afternoon, we improvised together for several hours, and recorded everything. It will take some time to listen through all of this! Some of the improvisations will probably be good enough for a CD as they are, some others need some working on, and some might be used as a sketch for a composition. The music that we produced was quite beautiful and dreamy, often involving silence or very few notes.

Not surprisingly, the food was also very good :)


Of course, being in Rome, I also did the tourist thing - wonderful !


"Peters is super" - yes, but there are still some typos in there ! Please try again.

On my last morning in Rome, before going to the airport, Fabio drove me to Tivoli, a few miles outside of Rome, where we took a look at Villa Adriana. "Villa" is a somewhat misleading word for this huge complex of buildings. This amazing place had been home for a while to a Roman emperor who liked it better than his palace in the city - I could understand why. Of course I did not only take photos but also binaural recordings with "headphone" microphones (wearing my furry black windshields which Fabio found very funny).

No comments:

Post a Comment