Friday 15 October 2010

Innocent Misunderstanding

That time of the year again - a Ridhwan retreat week in the Kloster Schöntal monastery, I've been blogging about these retreats before.


Sabine and me came directly here from our Lake Constance vacation. Since we spent a weekend here in June, she loves this wonderful place as much as I do, so she took the opportunity to take a nice walk (while I was busy setting up the recording for the talks) and spend another night in the monastery with me before taking the train home the next morning.


The weather was still warm and sunny although the nights got quite cold. Schöntal in autumn is full of beauty ...


The week was wonderful again, it was a full week with very little time to take walks ... but then, it often felt like we were taking inner walks. We were about 120 people, each of them somewhere in their inner process of finding themselves, but we did it together, so I sometimes thought of a large group of people climbing a high mountain together, each of them taking a different route, but feeling like a group nonetheless. I had several deep experiences that were completely new and unexpected - I surprised myself. How often does one surprise oneself?


"Because of an innocent misunderstanding you think that you are a human being in the relative world seeking the experience of oneness, but actually you are the One expressing itself as the experience of being a human being." Adyashanti

No comments:

Post a Comment