Wednesday 27 May 2009

Small Is Beautiful

A week ago I bought a Canon Powershot A590IS which was only 99 Euros at that large online bookshop that is called after a large river in Brazil. A friend had recommended it to me and after he showed me some of the macro shots he had done with it, I couldn't resist.

My fascination with the complexity of small things probably started when my parents gave me a kid's microscope when I was very young. I realized that there were other worlds to be found, and the fractals that I spent years with in the nineties taught me that complexity is independent of size.

Here are some shots from the garden. I took them without any additional gear or special lenses but with the highest possible resolution. Most of these images are details from larger photos.

That last one was a casual shot of a glass of sparkling water which stood on a brown table with some other things on it. Here's a detail of the tiny bubbles each of which reflects the world and each other. If some magical hi-tech trick would make these images infinitely sharp we could continue zooming and you could see me sitting on a chair, and my eyes through which I saw the bubbles, and the reflections of the scenery in my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Könnte dir gefallen:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magicalgarden/
    Lieber Gruß
    Wilhelm

    ReplyDelete